►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· ELVIS PRESLEY: THE OTHER SIDES: 50 WORLDWIDE GOLD AWARD HITS, VOL. 2 – ORIGINAL 1971 RCA VICTOR 4-LP MONO BOX SET LPM-6402
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· GUARANTEED ORIGINAL ORANGE RCA VICTOR LABEL, LATE 60’S/EARLY 70’S STYLE
· THIS BOX SET DOES INCLUDE ORIGINAL “ELVIS GARMENT” (A SAMPLE OF A CLOTH OSTENSIBLY MATCHING, OR TAKEN FROM, ELVIS’ WARDROBE IN A CUSTOM SEE-THRU ENVELOPE; ONLY THE FIRST GENERATION OF THE PRESSINGS HAD THIS SMALL PATCH (SO SAYS THE BLURB ON THE BOX)
· THE BOX SET ALSO INCLUDES ORIGINAL LARGE FOLDOUT POSTER OF ELVIS (SO SAYS ANOTHER BLURB ON THE BOX)
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· 1/2-INCH (ABOUT 1.3 cm) THICK CARDBOARD BOX.
· APPARENTLY (JUDGING BY WEIGHT) A RELATIVELY THICK PRESSING (PROBABLY AROUND 7 ON A 10-POINT SCALE)
· As far as we know, this album is currently out of print and unavailable on Compact Disc, or in any other format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
The Other Sides: Worldwide Gold Award Hits, Vol. 2 started life at the outset of the 1970s as a four-LP set, and the companion to Vol. 1, the latter containing the single A-sides while this was devoted primarily to the B-sides (some of which charted in their own right). At the time, both boxes -- and they were, indeed, classical-style box sets, and mastered in authentic mono (as opposed to the rechanneled stereo of most of Presley's reissue catalog) -- were revelations of different sorts. The first set, of course, delineated the hits from across the first 14 years of his career, while this volume filled out the account of Presley's range as a singer, and the richness that his voice brought to rock & roll, even in the years when he moved toward a more pop-oriented sound. Though there are big hits like "(Marie's the Name) His Latest Flame," "Love Me," "One Night," and "Mean Woman Blues," much of the set is devoted to lesser-known songs like "Wild in the Country" and "My Baby Left Me." In the decades since the original LP release, Elvis' output has been heavily anthologized, but RCA still had reason to reissue this and its companion volume -- the CD edition has all 50 songs and boasts an elaborate 12-page booklet, an Elvis stamp, and is individually numbered. There is a wealth of great music here, though it isn't presented as logically as any of the three box sets representing Elvis across each of the three decades of his career, thus making it worthwhile mainly as a way to supplement the double-disc Top Ten Hits.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY STEPHEN THOMAS ERLEWINE, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The records are believed to come in their original (Elvis-specific) RCA stock inner sleeves
(c) The box comes with large original poster of Elvis Presley (so says a blurb on the box)
(d) The album ALSO comes with original piece of fabric from (allegedly) Elvis garment.
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (1/2” T