►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· GEORGE HARRISON AND FRIENDS (Bob Dylan, Leon Russel, Ravi Shankar, Eric Clapton, Badfinger, Billy Preston and Ringo Starr) - THE CONCERT FOR BANGLADESH - ORIGINAL 1971 3-LP APPLE RECORDS STEREO BOX SET STCX-3385 WITH BOOKLET
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· GUARANTEED THE ORIGINAL, CUSTOM APPLE LABEL UNIQUE TO THIS ALBUM (BROWN AND WHITE APPLE LABEL WITH A BLACK AND WHITE IMAGE OF THE MALNOURISHED BANGLA CHILD , SUCH AS THE ONE SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION) (NO OTHER PRESSINGS OR LABELS EXIST)
· THE THICKNESS (WEIGHT) OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE BOX, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· TWO “BREATHE” (AIR) HOLES NOTED ON THE SHRINK WRAP
· GUARANTEED TO INCLUDES ORIGINAL BOOKLET AND ORIGINAL, CUSTOM INNER SLEEVES, UNIQUE TO THIS TITLE. , SUCH AS THE ONES SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· THICK CARDBOARD BOX
· ORIGINAL "TEXTURED" (NIBBED) BOX
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING (ALL ORIGINAL PRESSINGS OF THIS ALBUM ARE)
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
Fresh from the mega-success of his previous album, the all-time classic 'All Things Must Pass", George Harrison embarked on a humanitarian journey the following year, in a quest to help starving and sick population of East Pakistan, now Bangladesh. The Concert is a stunning triumph of human will and nobility, and includes practically every musician of the period of any renown. Bob Dylan contributes massively to this 3-LP set, with one side dedicated to him and him ALONE. This is a piece of musical and social history not to be missed. A must-HAVE for any serious Beatles and George Harrison collector.Track listing: George Harrison/Ravi Shankar Introduction - Bangla Dhun - Wah-Wah - My Sweet Lord - Awaiting On You All - That's The Way God Planned It - It Don't Come Easy - Beware Of Darkness - While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Jumpin' Jack Flash/Youngblood - Here Comes The Sun - A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall - It Take! s A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry - Blowin' In The Wind - Mr. Tambouring Man - Just Like A Woman - Something - Bangla Desh. Finding a still sealed original copy?!?! Forget it – not even a HOPE!!! This may be the last one you will ever see.
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The records are believed to come in their original, custom, inner sleeves, which are UNIQUE to this album.
(c) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) The album is believed to come with the original booklet , SUCH AS THE ONE SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (box)
THE BOX IS STRONG NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Minor, superficial scratch noted on the front panel (BARELY VISIBLE)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No ring wear