WE CURRENTLY HAVE NEARLY 1,000 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· ROLLING STONES - BEGGAR'S BANQUET – ORIGINAL BRITISH MONO PRESSING – ORIGINAL 1968 DECCA RECORDS (UK) MONO LP LK-4955
· ORIGINAL BRITISH PRESSING
· ORIGINAL FIRST VERSION OF THE COVER (DOES NOT MENTION REV. WILKINS ON THE BACK COVER)
· ORIGINAL MAROON (DARK-RED) DECCA (UK) MONO LABEL WITH “EAR” LOGO, “FFRR” (FULL FREQUENCY RANGE RECORDING) BANNER, SILVER PRINT AND “MADE IN ENGLAND” INSCRIPTION ON THE LABEL
· MONSTROUSLY RARE ORIGINAL MONO PRESSING, MANY TIMES RARER THAN STEREO
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.K. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THIN CARDBOARD COVER (EUROPEAN STYLE)
· ORIGINAL GATEFOLD COVER
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS (WRITING ON BOTH LABELS AND FEW SPINDLE MARKS NOTED)
· ORIGINAL LAMINATED COVER
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· MACHINE-STAMPED MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) OF THE RECORD
· MONO version of this album has NEVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other digital format.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
For its extraordinary contribution to the contemporary music, superb production, craftsmanship, fine musicianship, revolutionary significance and influence it exerted on numerous generations of musicians, songwriters and general public, or for some other inherent quality, this album was voted one of top-200 albums of all time in one of the largest poll of critics, music reviewers, show business professionals and producers ever organized: the poll, which was conducted by Paul Gambaccini, the legendary BBC Radio A&R man, surveyed more than 50 top music professionals (including Roy Carr, Jonathan Cott, Robert Christgau, Cameron Crowe, Chet Flippo, Ben Fong-Torres, Charlie Gillett, Greil Marcus, Murray the K., Lenny Kaye, Bruce Morrow (a/k/a "Cousin Brucie"), Tim Rice , Lisa Robinson, Robert Shelton, Ed Ward, Joel Whitburn, Pete Wingfield, etc.). For more details, see: "Critics Choice: Top-200 albums" , Omnibus Press, Library of Congress Catalog No.7855565 (or ► click here for the complete album listing)
Perhaps we should add this: in our entire 42-year record- collecting history, we have NEVER – EVER – heard an album that sounds so DRAMATICALLY better in mono than in lowly stereo. Simply put, MONO version of this album blows the STEREO pressing to pieces. Eric Clapton’s guitar solo on Sympathy for the Devil kicks, bites and stings (by the way, Ry Cooder is somewhere in there, too: he is uncredited, but does, in fact, play on the album). Put your gloves on when handling this record. This piece of vinyl comes with some SERIOUSLY MEAN, b*tt-kickin’ attitude.
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS (WEAK) NEAR MINT. Some VERY LIGHT AND SUPERFICIAL abrasions – mostly sleeve scuffs - are (barely) visible, but are probably inaudible, and do not affect visual integrity or beauty of the vinyl. The original luster is very much intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record comes in the original “Made in Great Britain” stock inner sleeve.
(c) Mono pressing of this title is much rarer, and by far more preferable to its stereo counterpart. We think that the mix is more natural, humane, "organic" and that the mixes are somewhat different than on the stereo version. We estimate that stereo copies of this album outnumber mono pressings by a ratio of at least 20:1.
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, LAMINATED, GLOSSY COVER):
THE COVER IS NICE --- ABOUT VERY GOOD++ (VG++).
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the seams