WE CURRENTLY HAVE NEARLY 1,000 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· LED ZEPPELIN – LED ZEPPELIN III – ORIGINAL (?) 1970 ATLANTIC RECORDS STEREO LP SD-7201 (NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REISSUE WITH A 5-DIGIT CATALOG NUMBER: SD-19128)
· ORIGINAL (?) U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED LP POSSIBLY THE ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING (SORRY, WE ARE NOT ENTIRELY SURE)***
· BELIEVED TO BE PRESSED ON THE ORIGINAL ORANGE AND GREEN ATLANTIC RECORDS LABEL WITHOUT WEA LOGO ALONG THE LABEL'S EDGE
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· THIS IS NOT AN IMPORT, RECORD CLUB RELEASE OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL GATEFOLD COVER, MADE OF THICK CARDBOARD (AMERICAN STYLE)
· ORIGINAL 'GIMMICK' GATEFOLD COVER.
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
On their first two albums, Led Zeppelin unleashed a relentless barrage of heavy blues and rockabilly riffs, but Led Zeppelin III provided the band with the necessary room to grow musically. While there are still a handful of metallic rockers, III is built on a folky, acoustic foundation that gives the music extra depth. And even the rockers aren't as straightforward as before: the galloping "Immigrant Song" is powered by Robert Plant's banshee wail, "Celebration Day" turns blues-rock inside out with a warped slide guitar riff, and "Out on the Tiles" lumbers along with a tricky, multi-part riff. Nevertheless, the heart of the album lies on the second side, when the band delve deeply into English folk. "Gallows Pole" updates a traditional tune with a menacing flair, and "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" is an infectious acoustic romp, while "That's the Way" and "Tangerine" are shimmering songs with graceful country flourishes. The band hasn't left the blues behind, but the twisted bottleneck blues of "Hats off to (Roy) Harper" actually outstrips the epic "Since I've Been Loving You," which is the only time Zeppelin sound a bit set in their ways.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY STEPHEN THOMAS ERLEWINE, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) The record comes in its stock inner sleeve (we can see it through the opening).
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (THIS IS THE ORIGINAL “MOVING PARTS” COVER)
COVER IS STRONG NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP (A SMALL PIECE OF SHRINK WRAP IS MISSING)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SHRINK WRAP HAS SEPARATED ALONG ROUGHLY ONE HALF OF THE OPENING SIDE, BUT THE ALBUM IS STILL VISIBLY SEALED AND INTACT.
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a small cutout saw-mark (an indent about 3-5 mm long ) on one of its seams.
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine (nothing significant)
- Cover shows JUST A HINT of yellowing on both sides, apparently from aging. (nothing significant)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No ring wear