WE CURRENTLY HAVE NEARLY 1,000 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· BEATLES - RUBBER SOUL – ORIGINAL 1965 US CAPITOL STEREO LP ST-2442
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED LP BELIEVED TO BE THE ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· BELIEVED TO BE PRESSED ON THE ORIGINAL BLACK CAPITOL LABEL WITH MULTICOLORED SPECTRUM (“RAINBOW) BAND ALONG THE LABEL’S EDGE AND CAPITOL’S LOGO ON TOP (12 O’CLOCK POSITION) OF THE LABEL , SUCH AS THE ONE SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION
· BELIEVED TO INCLUDE ORIGINAL VERSION OF "I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU" WITH ►A 'FALSE START' (AN EXTRA GUITAR STRUM OR TWO AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SONG), NOT AVAILABLE ON ANY OTHER PRESSING OTHER THAN ORIGINAL U.S. STEREO PRESSING (NOT FOUND ON MONO VERSION)
· Includes "In my life", a song voted #1 song of all time in a recent BBC WORLDWIDE critics poll.
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· TWO “BREATHE” (AIR) HOLES NOTED ON THE SHRINK WRAP
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· THICK CARDBOARD COVER, AMERICAN STYLE.
· ORIGINAL, FIRST VERSION OF THE COVER WITH THE "NEW AND IMPROVED FULL-DIMENSIONAL STEREO" BANNER PLACED IN THE SLICK AREA OF THE COVER, NOT THE RECONFIRGURED LATER VERSION WHICH PUSHES THE BANNER ONTO THE WHITE MARGIN
· THE SMALL RIAA NUMBER ON THE BACK OF THE COVER IS MISSING (THERE IS NO NUMBER SHOWN)
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
In a stroke of marketing whimsy, Capitol Records removed four songs from the U.K. edition of Rubber Soul, and added two songs from the U.K. Help! in an attempt to offer a more "American" release. Surprisingly enough, the reworked U.S. edition holds together better than its British counterpart. Obviously inspired by the folk-rock sound blossoming in the States, the songs on the U.S. Rubber Soul show the influence that the sound of the Byrds and the songwriting of Bob Dylan were having on the Beatles. The songs added from Help! (the pleading acoustic "It's Only Love" and the rollicking opener "I've Just Seen a Face") change the entire feel of the album, making it more earthy and textural. By dropping the piano-driven "Drive My Car" and the stark "Nowhere Man," the U.S. edition stands as a much more organic and warm musical whole, enduring as by far the most intimate Beatles album until Let It Be was released in 1970. [Some pressings of the U.S. edition were released with an odd "false start" at the beginning of "I'm Looking Through You," a fact that is sure to prick up the ears of die-hard Beatles fans upon first listen.]
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY ZAC JOHNSON, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
If you are a European, be forewarned: this is a VERY different version of the album from the one you are used to hearing: American mixes of the Beatles albums are generally different, more "raw" and placing much more emphasis on echo and reverb (this one is no exception). In addition, Capitol records issued Beatles albums in the U.S. with a different track listing and sequencing and - again - this one is no exception, combining the tracks from European versions of Rubber Soul and Help albums.. Track listing: I've just seen a face - Norwegian wood - You won't see me - Think for yourself - The word - Michelle - It's only love - Girl - I'm looking through you - In my life - Wait - Run for your life. Finding a still sealed original copy?!?! Forget it – not even a HOPE!!! This may be the last one you will ever see.
For its extraordinary contribution to the modern music, superb production, craftsmanship, fine musicianship, revolutionary significance and influence it exerted on numerous generations of musicians, writers and general public, or for some other innate quality, this album was voted one of top-200 albums of all time in one of the largest poll of critics, music reviewers, professionals and producers ever organized: the poll, which was conducted by Paul Gambaccini, legendary BBC Radio A&R man, surveyed more than 50 top music professionals (including Roy Carr, Jonathan Cott, Robert Christgau, Cameron Crowe, Chet Flippo, Ben Fong-Torres, Charlie Gillett, Greil Marcus, Murray the K., Lenny Kaye, Bruce Morrow (a/k/a "Cousin Brucie"), Tim Rice (of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Evita" fame), Lisa Robinson, Robert Shelton (who wrote liner notes for Bob Dylan's first album), Ed Ward, Joel Whitburn, Pete Wingfield, etc.). For more details, see: "Critics Choice: Top-200 albums" compiled by Paul Gambaccini, Omnibus Press, Library of Congress Catalog No.7855565 (or ►click here for the complete album listing).
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The record is pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) The record is believed to come in its original stock inner sleeve (we are unable to determine the color of the inner sleeve)
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER IS STRONG NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover shows JUST A HINT of yellowing on back side, apparently from aging. (nothing significant)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No ring wear
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No dirt/dust rubbing stains (friction marks caused by rubbing against other covers)
- No wrinkles or creases
- No writing
- No stamps
- No tearing: no chips, dents or nicks on the seams
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels