WE CURRENTLY HAVE NEARLY 1,000 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· THE BEATLES - SECOND ALBUM - ORIGINAL 1964 CAPITOL RECORDS STEREO LP ST-2080
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· ORIGINAL BLACK CAPITOL LABEL WITH MULTICOLORED SPECTRUM (“RAINBOW) BAND ALONG THE LABEL’S EDGE
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· THREE “BREATHE” (AIR) HOLES NOTED ON THE SHRINK WRAP (TWO ON THE FRONT SIDE, ONE IN THE BACK)
· CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, STEREO PRESSING OF THIS TITLE IS MANY TIMES RARER THAN MONO
· NO ANNOYING “RIAA” STAMP ON THE COVER (TYPICALLY, A SIGN OF LATER PRESSING)
· THE SMALL PRESSING GENERATION NUMBER ON THE BACK COVER IS: 3 .
· ORIGINAL, FIRST VERSION OF THE COVER WITH THE LINE “TO BE PLAYED ONLY WITH A STEREO CARTRIDGE AND NEEDLE TO AVOID DAMAGE”
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· THICK CARDBOARD COVER, AMERICAN STYLE.
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
If you are a European, be forewarned: this is a VERY different version of the album from the one you are used to hearing (actually, European version of this album does not even exist - European equivalent of this album would probably be "With the Beatles", the group's second UK album): American mixes of the Beatles albums are generally different, more "raw" and placing much more emphasis on echo and reverb (this one is no exception).
This is the second Beatles Capitol album, and - like all American versions of Beatles albums - this one, too, is different from the British counterpart in name, number of the tracks, mixing and overall packaging. Finding a still sealed original copy?!?! Forget it – not even a HOPE!!! This may be the last one you will ever see.
The Beatles' Second Album was the first album of the group's work to be assembled by Capitol Records exclusively for the American market (as opposed to, say, Meet the Beatles!, which was a reconfigured and shortened version of With the Beatles). As such, it offends some historical purists, who don't think of it as a real album. Regardless of its origins, however, The Beatles' Second Album stands as probably best pure rock & roll album ever issued of the group's music. In the process of pulling songs from various British and American EPs, singles (including "She Loves You") and B-sides, as well as tracks left over from the editing of With the Beatles for American release, the compilers somehow managed to avoid any trace of the pop ballads favored by Paul McCartney that usually slowed down the group's other early albums, and the result was the longest uninterrupted body of hard rock & roll and R&B in their entire output. No other long-player by the group featured them doing more covers of songs by black American artists or songwriters, including Little Richard("Long Tall Sally"), Chuck Berry ("Roll Over Beethoven"), Smokey Robinson ("You Really Got a Hold on Me"), Barrett Strong ("Money"), and others, and just to show how rich a vein this all was at the time of its release, the version of "Roll Over Beethoven" here actually charted briefly as a single, while "Long Tall Sally" served as their concert finale.
(REVIEW REPRINTED COURTESY OF BRUCE EDER, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► click here
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The record is believed to come in its original stock inner sleeve (we are unable to determine the color of the inner sleeve).