WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· ROLLING STONES – IT’S ONLY ROCK’N’ROLL – ORIGINAL 1974 ROLLING STONES RECORDS STEREO LP COC-79101
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· GUARANTEED ORIGINAL YELLOW ROLLING STONES RECORDS LABEL WITH “STICKING TONGUE” LOGO (NO OTHER LABELS EXIST)
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THIN CARDBOARD COVER (NO THICK CARDBOARD COVERS WERE EVER PRODUCED FOR THIS TITLE)
· COVER HAS A NIFTY “SONG TITLES” STICKER STILL AFFIXED TO THE WRAP.
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
A fine, underrated album. True, it doesn't touch the Unholy Tetralogy of the late 60's, early 70's (But let's face it, few things do). The title track is deservedly immortal, "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" their best Motown cover. "Luxury" a great early reggae experiment, and the Sly Stone-riff that is "Fingerprint File" is not merely a great Sly impression. It manages to foreshadow Michael Jackson, four years before "Off the Wall" ; Key tracks are If You Can't Rock Me, Ain't Too Proud To Beg, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It), Time Waits For No One, and Fingerprint File.
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
For additional historical information on this classic Stones album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The record comes in its original, custom, inner sleeve, which is UNIQUE to this album (we can see it through the cutout saw mark)
(c) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER IS STRONG NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a small cutout saw-mark (an indent about 3-5 mm long ) on one of its seams.
- Cover has two corners slightly worn / dinged (BARELY VISIBLE)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No ring wear
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No dirt/dust rubbing stains (friction marks caused by rubbing against other covers)