WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· BADFINGER with GEORGE HARRISON AS CO-PRODUCER - STRAIGHT UP - ORIGINAL 1971 APPLE RECORDS STEREO LP SW-3387.
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· GUARANTEED ORIGINAL APPLE LABEL LABEL – GREEN ON ONE SIDE, WHITE ON THE OTHER, , SUCH AS THE ONE SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· FOUR “BREATHE” (AIR) HOLES NOTED ON THE SHRINK WRAP
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· THE ALBUM FEATURES SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS BY GEORGE HARRISON AND (PROBABLY) PAUL MCCARTNEY AND RINGO STARR
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· COVER HAS A NIFTY 'HYPE' (ADVERTISEMENT) STICKER STILL AFFIXED TO THE SHRINK WRAP.
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
Easily one of the most memorable post-Beatles 1970's power-pop albums. Track listing: Money - Flying - Suitcase - Sweet Tuesday Morning - Perfection - I'd die, babe - Take it all - Baby Blue - Name of the game - Day after day - Sometimes - It's over.
At least two Beatles - George and Ringo - make cameo appearances on the album; in addition, the album is co-produced by George Harrison himself (the other co-producer is none other than Mr. Studio Wiz - Todd Rundgren himself). A must for any serious Beatles or Badfinger afficionado. Finding a still sealed original copy?!?! Forget it – not even a HOPE!!! This may be the last one you will ever see.
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER IS STRONG NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY)
- Cover shows JUST A HINT of yellowing on both sides, apparently from aging.
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No ring wear
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners