WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· BEATLES – YELLOW SUBMARINE – ORIGINAL 1980 MOBILE FIDELITY HIGH-QUALITY 'ORIGINAL MASTERS' AUDIOPHILE, EXTENDED DYNAMIC RANGE VIRGIN VINYL LP MFSL-1-108
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
· ULTRA-RARE MOBILE FIDELITY TEST PRESSING
· WELL, FOLKS, THIS IS IT: UNLESS THE MODERN SCIENCE CAN INVENT THE TIME MACHINE AND MIRACULOUSLY TRANSPORT US BACK TO THE ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS CIRCA MID-'60s, THIS IS ABOUT AS CLOSE AS ANY ONE OF US ALIVE WILL EVER GET TO THE ORIGINAL, UNQUALIZED AND UNMIXED BEATLES MULTITRACK SESSION TAPES. OSTENSIBLY, THE MOBILE FIDELITY'S TEST PRESSINGS (PRECIOUS FEW OF WHICH STILL SURVIVE) ARE THE CLOSEST PHYSICAL APPROXIMATION OF THE EARLIEST VERSION OF THE FIRST GENERATION OF ORIGINAL RECORDINGS THE FAB FOUR AND GEORGE MARTIN CREATED AND PRODUCED IN THE RECORDING STUDIO AND INTENDED THEIR AUDIENCES TO HEAR. NOTHING ELSE APPROACHES THE ORIGINAL BEATLES SESSION MASTERS CLOSER THAN THIS. NOTHING!
· ORIGINAL WHITE MFSL LABEL, TEST PRESSING VERSION, WITH A LARGE "SAMPLE" STAMP ON THE LABELS
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. AUDIOPHILE PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· FAIRLY THICK VINYL PRESSING On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the thickness of the vinyl as 7.
· PLEASE NOTE: THIS TEST PRESSING APPARENTLY NEVER HAD A CUSTOM COVER; THE ALBUM WILL BE SHIPPED IN A PLAIN, GENERIC [WHITE] CARDBOARD COVER. TEST PRESSINGS ARE RARELY – IF EVER – FOUND IN CUSTOM (STOCK) COVERS.
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
Released only weeks after the White Album, Yellow Submarine is the soundtrack to the cartoon movie, and its only redeeming features, if you own everything they released from Revolver through the end of 1967, are four tracks not found anywhere else. The rest of the album, Side 2, consists of an orchestral soundtrack re-recorded for the album by producer George Martin.
Of the four new tracks, "Only a Northern Song" is a George Harrison outtake from Sgt. Pepper, "All Together Now" is a pleasant kiddie singalong by Paul McCartney, "Hey Bulldog" is a fierce piano-driven rocker by John Lennon, and "It's All Too Much" is a spectacular Magical Mystery Tour outtake from Harrison that arguably should've been on that album in place of "Blue Jay Way."
(EXCERPT FROM AN ONLINE REVIEW BY RUSSELL NEWTON, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
This is a rare opportunity to acquire this great album in its FINEST audio format, no longer in print, and no longer easily obtainable.
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ► CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS NEAR MINT. Some VERY LIGHT AND SUPERFICIAL abrasions – mostly sleeve scuffs - are (barely) visible, but are probably inaudible, and do not affect visual integrity or beauty of the vinyl. The original luster is very much intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record is STILL in its original inner, hi-grade MFSL PVC inner sleeve, which has - apparently with success - shielded the record from the harmful impact of elements over many years!
(c) The record is pressed on a beautiful, high-quality, virgin-grade vinyl, which is usually used for audiophile, extended-dynamic-range, half-speed mastered and connoisseur pressings.
(d) In addition, the record is pressed on a RELATIVELY thick, inflexible vinyl. This is NOT a thin, flimsy ('dynaflex' type), vinyl, but not the thickest, most rigid vinyl, either.
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER : This reference (test) pressing comes without any custom jacket, and will be shipped in a plain, generic, white MFSL cardboard test pressing cover (NOT SEPARATELY GRADED, BUT IN A VERY NICE CONDITION OVERALL)
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.