WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
►Click here to see ALL our ROCK auctions ►Our PSYCH & PROGRESSIVE auctions ►Our PUNK & NEW WAVE auctions ► Our JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUE NOTE JAZZ auctions ►Our BLUES auctions ►Our CLASSICAL auctions ►Our COUNTRY auctions ►Our FUNK auctions ►Our LATIN auctions ►Our METAL auctions►Our REGGAE auctions ►Our SOUL auctions ► Our STILL SEALED ITEMS ►Our PROMO auctions ►Our ACETATE auctions ►Our TEST PRESSING auctions ►Our AUDIOPHILE auctions
· CHRISTOPHER - THE SAME-TITLED FIRST AND ONLY ALBUM ("CHRISTOPHER")- INSANELY RARE ORIGINAL 1970 METROMEDIA STEREO LP MD-1024
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
PLEASE NOTE: A SMALL BATCH OF THE PRESSINGS OF THIS ALBUM WAS OUTSOURCED TO JAMAICA AND PRESSED LOCALLY FOR RE-EXPORT TO THE UNITED STATES (AS A CHEAP COST-CUTTING MEASURE BY THE METROMEDIA LABEL). TECHNICALLY, THESE ARE AMERICAN PRESSINGS MADE IN JAMAICA FOR SALE ON THE DOMESTIC (U.S.) MARKET, RATHER THAN "PROPER" JAMAICAN PRESSINGS. THESE JAMAICAN PRESSINGS ARE NOT, REPEAT ***NOT*** BOOTLEGS OR COUNTERFEITED PRESSINGS, AND HAVE A SLIGHTLY CRUDER BEIGE LABELS WITH RED LOGO ON TOP; WE WISH TO STRESS THE FOLLOWING: ATHOUGH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON THIS ALBUM POINTS OUT TO THIS BEING A JAMAICAN PRESSING, THE BIDDERS SHOULD BE CAUTIONED THAT A HYPOTHETICAL CHANCE EXISTS THAT IT IS, AS THE TWO PRESSINGS ARE TOTALLY INDISTINGUSHABLE BASED ON THE COVER ALONE, AND BECAUSE BOTH PRESSINGS USE IDENTICAL, AMERICAN-MADE COVERS (ONLY THE RECORD LABELS DIFFER) . IN TERMS OF QUALITY OF THE PRESSINGS, DYNAMIC AND FREQUENCY RANGE, THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JAMAICAN AND DOMESTIC PRESSINGS IS FAIRLY NEGLIGIBLE.
· BELIEVED TO BE PRESSED ON THE ORIGINAL BLACK METROMEDIA LABEL WITH MULTICOLORED "M" LOGO ON TOP OF THE LABEL.
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THIN CARDBOARD COVER (NO THICK CARDBOARD COVERS WERE EVER PRODUCED FOR THIS TITLE)
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
Christopher were an underground acid-rock trio featuring future Josefus drummer Doug Tull. They evolved from United Gas, a psychedelic band from Houston who rubbed shoulders with legends like The 13th Floor Elevators and Moving Sidewalks. After relocating to Los Angeles, where they changed their name to Christopher, they played at numerous biker parties and recorded their sole album in 1970 for the Metromedia label. It's an amazing example of West Coast psychedelia/acid-rock featuring strong fuzz-wah guitar, great compositions and superb musicianship. Terrific cover depicting the band at the same hippie crash-pad where some scenes from the The Trip movie were filmed. One of the Holy Grails of American psychedelic-rock and the rarest album originally released by the collectable Metromedia label.
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►CLICK HERE
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►click here (PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING A BID).
(b) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER IS NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a slight warp in one of the bottom corners; this will have has absolutely no effect on the record.
- Cover has a minor 'bump' (dent) on the top seam (nothing significant)
- Minor shelf wear noted on the opening side (nothing significant)
- Cover shows some yellowing on both sides, apparently from aging.
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No ring wear
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents